Job Number: 722694 Business Unit / Group Function: De Beers Group Work type: Full Time Permanent Discipline: De Beers Consolidated Mines Location: Limpopo Site: Venetia Mine
PURPOSE AND ROLE IN THE BUSINESS:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Professional Nurse in the Occupational Health Section of Safety & Sustainable Development Department.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Medical Surveillance program on Venetia Mine
- Emergency & Trauma care
- Primary Health Care Services
- Working 12 hour operation shifts
- HIV & TB Control
- Standby duties
- Grade 12/Standard 10 Certificate/N3 Qualification or relevant NQF level 4 Qualification.
- Diploma in General Nursing.
- Diploma in Primary Health Nursing.
- 5 Years’ experience of general nursing after qualification obtained.
- Experience in Emergency and Trauma care.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
- 3 Years’ experience in Primary Health Care.
- 2 Years’ experience in Occupational Health.
- Registeration by the SA Nursing Council will be a requirement.
- Basic understanding of computer systems and networks.
- Sound knowledge of general nursing practices.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in occupational health nursing.
- Must be able to work under stress.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Occupational Health Diploma/Certificate will be an advantage.
- Basic ambulance course certificate will be an advantage.
- Please inform your immediate line manager of your intention to apply and complete an internal application form. The Internal application form should be uploaded with your CV on Page up.
- It will be expected from short listed candidates to undergo Psychometric and other assessments.
- It will be required of the successful incumbent to work rotating shifts.
- Preference will be given to HDSA candidates and consideration will be given to the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Labour Plan.
- External search: Yes/No
- Secondment terms: Yes/No
Submit applications on or before the closing date to:
Should you not have heard from the HR Department four weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.